EPFO stands for Employee Provident Fund Organization. This came to India in the year 1951. To be more specific it came on 15 November 1951, replacement of Employees’ Provident Funds Act 1952. This is popularly known as Employee’s Provident Fund. This is imposed overall in India excluding Jammu and Kashmir. This was because Jammu and Kashmir was not an overall territory of India. Consequently, from now this will be imposed on Jammu and Kashmir very soon as this is now a full part of Indian territory. All the EPFO details are clearly mentioned on the portal. Hence, here in this article, you will learn about EPFO Log in, epf employees login, EPF UAN Login and activation, EPFO withdrawal, UAN status as well.
EPFO, the world largest social security organization. This is said proudly because it is trusted by more than two million people out of which 90 percent are Indians. Similarly, the other reason for the same is because it has over 2.5 million transactions every month. Hence, it becomes the world largest social security organization. This portal is fully and proudly managed by Government of India. All the accounts under this portal are successfully managed by Central Board of Trustees (CBT).
This is a benefit scheme for all employees. All the employees including the employees from government organization or private sectors. Each and every company who have more than twenty (20) employees in their organization has to have a PF facility for their employees. This is a mandatory process to follow.
EPFO Log in
If you are a member of this portal and you want to login to the portal. Here’s how you can perform an EPFO Log in to the portal. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly you need to go to the website of EPFO. To go to the website click this link here.
- Secondly, you need to enter your UAN number/ID. Where you will find it? You can find this on the salary slip of your company. The number will look like this (1012985*****).
- Now once you have found UAN and put it in the column. Now you need to fill in the Password.
- After entering the password, you need to see the captach shown there and enter them in the given box below.
- Lastly, click over the EPFO Log in/Sign in button present there. This is how you can perform EPFO Log in.
Forgot Password / Reset Password
If you are a member of the portal and want to login but you do not remember your password for the same. Follow these steps here to reset your password.
- Firstly go to the webpage. To go to the forgot password webpage click here.
- Here you need to enter your UAN number.
- Then enter your captcha.
- Lastly, click over the Submit button present there.
So basically, all the members who want to register for the portal have to have a UAN number. If you do not have one, ask your finance department of the company. Now let us talk about how to register for EPFO portal online.
- Firstly the person should have to visit the website of the EPFO.
- Then find and click over-activate UAN. This will be on the bottom right side of the page.
- Then you will go to the page where you need to fill up a form.
- Here you need to fill in either of the one (Aadhaar/UAN/PAN).
- Then fill in your personal details such as Name, Date of Birth and Mobile number. These are mandatory.
- Now enter your email id.
- Here you will get a captcha, see carefully and solve that.
- Then click over the Get Authorization PIN and an OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile number.
- Then again fill up the small form that appears on the screen.
- Lastly, click over I Agree to checkbox and enter your OTP. Furthermore, click over the Validate OTP and Activate UAN button.
- You will get a message on your phone with the password.
- Once the UAN is activated the member can log in to the portal successfully.
EPFO: Activate UAN
To perform EPFO Log in you need to activate your UAN number. To activate the UAN number follow the steps below:
- Firstly go to the given link here: Activate UAN
- Here you need to fill up a couple of pieces of information.
- Firstly enter your UAN number.
- Fill up your member ID credentials. There you need to select the state, then select the office.
- Fill in your aadhaar number.
- The give your PAN card details.
- Then fill up your personal info also. Sections like name, dob, mobile number, email id are very important to be filled in. Carefully fill it.
- Lastly, enter the captcha shown there.
- Click over the Get Authorization PIN.
- Check your mail for it.
Know your UAN Status
If you are looking for the status of your UAN number. Follow the steps here to know the UAN status.
- Firstly you need to go to the webpage. Click here to go to the webpage.
- Now you will see some columns to be filled in.
- In the first column, you can choose what you want to fill in, For example, member ID/ Aadhaar/ Pan details.
- Then enter your name followed by your DOB.
- Furthermore, enter your Email id and phone number in the given spaces.
- Then fill in the captcha.
- Lastly, click over the Get Authorization PIN
EPFO claim status
To know about the EPFO claim status of your account follow the steps below:
- Firstly you need to go to the website page. Click here to go to the page.
- After landing on that page click over the “Click here to get redirected” button.
- Furthermore, enter your UAN number in the first blank column.
- Then enter your password for the same.
- Type in the answer for the simple mathematical captcha.
- Now you will be able to check the status.
Also read: Redeem my Skype Voucher
EPFO Withdrawl of the amount
Here are some cases of when you can withdraw your EPFO money. Please read carefully.
- Marriage: A employee can withdraw fifty percent of the total amount in the PF account. One can withdraw amount incase of sister’s marriage, brother’s marriage, self, son, daughter under certain terms and conditions. To be eligible for this he/she should have served/ worked for seven and more years.
- Education: This is same as the above one. Here also a person has to serve for seven or more years in the company. They can also withdraw up to fifty percent of the total amount. A subscriber can use this money for the education purpose of their child or themselves.
- Property: If someone is willing to make a purchase for a property whether it may be land, house, building, etc. Due to this reason, one can withdraw money but under certain circumstances. They can only withdraw only up to 36 months of the basic wage.
- Home loan repayment: One can withdraw the amount from EPFO for the repayment of the loan taken for the house. This also has certain terms and conditions. They should have served ten years in the company. Similarly, they can only withdraw up to 36 months of basic pay.
IF you are willing to withdraw the amount from your EPFO account, please follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to login to the portal. To login to the portal, you will need to enter your UAN number. Furthermore, you will need to enter your password as well.
- Then click over the Manage tab and select the link for KYC.
- There you need to have a check if the details are correct for your documents (Aadhaar, PAN, etc.).
- Now find the Service tab and from the drop-down select the option called Claim.
- Then a pop up appears. Please do check again for your details. Furthermore, click over the YES button.
- Here comes one form which will be filled up by you. Give the four digits of your bank account. Then click over the Proceed button seen there.
- Now in this new tab, the person will require to fill up the details for claiming. Hereby they will need to state that is they want to withdraw full or partial or any specific percentage of the amount. Also, state the purpose of withdrawal.
- Lastly, click over the Get Aadhaar OTP button. This one-time password will come to your mobile phone / registered number.
- This will go for an approval stage which may take up to 10 days.
Benefits of UAN
Here are some of the benefits that every employee can avail:
- Accessing your EPFO account online with the help of UAN.
- UAN card can be downloaded.
- Checking EPF passbook online.
- Submit KYC documents.
- Transfer of EPFO account from one account to another.
- Get your claims online.